Software and Data Consulting
Through Complex View I focus on React and React Native development, but with genuine full stack skills and experience.
The following kinds of projects would potentially be great fits:
- React Native projects. I have built over half a dozen React Native Apps, worked across both iOS and Android and (unlike most React Native developers) also have full native skills in Swift and Kotlin/Java (on both platforms I have worked on many fully native projects). If you want to build an App quickly but maintain high quality across iOS and Android get in touch.
- React based web apps. I have worked on many React front end projects, with technologies like Redux, RxJS, Jest, Flow and Typescript. I've also worked on the associated backends in both Node and Rails (this can greatly accelerate development). So if you want to build highly interactive web apps with amazing UX get in touch.
- iOS Swift and Android Kotlin apps. I have built many Apps on both platforms including both 2D and 3D graphics apps, conventional productivity apps, games and workplace apps.
Additionally I can provide
- Technology/architecture consulting. If your project is at a very early stage (or you are looking to make a MVP more stable and sustainable) and you are investigating options I can give balanced, objective guidance. Unlike many developers who have a single skill which they see as the solution to all problems, I can guide you through the trade offs and key advantages of alternative approaches.
- Training if you are looking to upskill an existing team on new technologies through workshops or coaching. In particular React, React Native and Data Science.
I've build dozens of Apps on the web, native iOS, native Android and with React Native. You can see a fuller (but still very incomplete!) list at my project site, but here are a few of the highlights.
With hundreds of thousands of downloads, featured by Google, CNET, Lifehacker and others; this productivity App will help you achieve your goals with its easy to follow, motivational method based on building up streaks of habits. For Android: Habit Streak on Google Play
I've recently rebuilt it using React Native for iOS: Habit Streak for iOS (the Android version should be out soon-ish).
React Native, iOS, Swift, Android, Java
Quickly and easily create 3D-ish graphics, with SVG export, perfect for web assets. For iPhone and iPad. Read more
iOS, Swift, 2D graphicsSome graphics created with Isometrically (they are web-friendly SVGs).
Create 3D objects from simple rules. For iPhone and iPad. Read more
iOS, Swift, 3D graphics, AR, SceneKitA few little 'sculptures' created with Code Sculpture.
Code Sculpture (Web)
I actually recently rebuilt the core of it for the Web: Code Sculpture (Web) Editor
Web, TypeScript, three.js, 3D graphics, WebGL
I made a Sudoku-ish (but more colourful!) game using React Native. Learn how to play/download
React Native, iOS, Android
Notes/slides/links for many of my talks.
Elm: your next programming language?
25th July 2018
A practical/demo focused introduction to the Elm programming language and how to create front end web apps with it. At London Node User Group (LNUG).
Creating 3D Printable Art with OpenJSCAD
18th July 2018
Gatsby.js, React, GraphQL, Netlify for quick and easy deploys
25th October 2017
Elm Data Visualisation
4th October 2017
Minecraft in VR in 30 lines of code
22nd March 2017
Concise documentation for the core of OpenJSCAD (the official docs are a bit confusing as cover both V1 and 2 and include lots of deprecated stuff).
Creating a Watch
A few months ago I created a watch. Two actually. In a few hours.
Economic Party Games
An iPhone and iPad Experimental Economics Party Game
An incomplete list of the Apps I've made
Games I've made
Top Ten Ideas
A few useful ideas for making and understanding things.
Recipe #1: a great way to get your caffeine hit over the summer
An overview of various (side) projects both large and small.
Making a real game in a few hours on an iPad
How I made a game in few hours on an iPad (and came 5th in a Gamejam). With an introduction to Codea and Lua.
Cross Platform Frameworks
My take on cross platform frameworks in 2014.
Some counterinuitive tips on Programming
On Agent Based Modelling
Some tips on agent based modelling.
Just Use Bootstrap 3
Styles for web projects
Android 4.0+ and iOS 7+ Only
Why I don't think it is worth supporting Android < 4.0 or iOS < 7 on new Apps.
British Better Time
My plan to make time better.
Tips on using Pandas
Some tips on using Pandas, a Python data library built on Numpy.
Really easy and quick 3d realtime interactive graphics
The details for my lightening talk on really easy and quick 3d realtime interactive graphics.
Programming language selection
In no particular order, some of the key things I consider when selecting a programming language or technical tool.
Additional academic details, not included in my regular CV.
Some tips on creating Web Apps for iOS, Firefox OS and Chrome.
A collection of my favourite quotes.
Some books I highly recommend which you may have overlooked.